How do we learn contentment in a culture that is always pushing us to pursue more? What are we missing out on if we're always searching for the next best thing?
Author Melissa Spoelstra shares lessons that we can learn from her new Bible study, Numbers: Learning Contentment in a Culture of More about the Israelites' journey through the wilderness. While God planned to bring them to the Promised Land, their arrival was delayed because they complained too much.
Listen as we talk about why we default to complaining - even though we know shouldn't. What are some of the secrets to contentment that we can learn from God's word?
Here are the takeaways from today's episode:
1. We can learn to "secret" to contentment, even if everything in our lives are upside-down.
2. Join Melissa's Contentment Project - Have you been complaining a lot lately? Learn to move from complaining to contentment by participating in Melissa's "Contentment Project" starting in early September. Click here to sign up today!
3. Check out Melissa's new Bible study, Numbers: Learning Contentment in a Culture of More. Available at all Christian retailers.
In this episode of the Better Together podcast, host Barb Roose shares five positive statements that women can use before, during and after their shopping experience.
As one who has battled an ugly struggle with self-esteem, self-confidence and self-image, Barb shares godly wisdom for women at every age and stage in life. These five statements reflect God's truth about women.
Here are the five statements:
1. If it doesn't fit, I promise not to buy it.
2. I will buy the best for my budget.
3. This label is not my value.
4. This piece of clothing isn't right for me, but it's right for someone else.
5. I am God's beautiful daughter and trying on these clothes won't change that.
Barb recommends that women repeat these statements when before entering the dressing room, while disrobing as well as after shopping.
Better Together with Barb Roose is on iTunes. Subscribe by clicking here.
Barb would love to hear from you!