What frustrates you about clothes and fashion?
On this episode of the Better Together podcast, fabulous fashion expert Shari Braendel is back! Recently, Shari asked her audience about their top fashion dilemmas. Over 1000 women responded to Shari's survey and here were the top three questions:
1. How do I dress for my body?
2. How do I pick the right style for my hair?
3. How do I put together an entire look?
In this episode of the Better Together podcast, Shari answers those three questions with fabulous fashion tips and suggestions that you can begin using today! If you've been struggling to figure out a new hairstyle, you'll love her practical tips. I learned so much!
Here's what I just love about Shari - she believes that every woman is a VIP. You might beat yourself up every day, but it doesn't have to be that way! Listen to the podcast and find out about Shari's newest VIP website to help women look and feel put together each day. Trust me, you'll want to check out the link below!
In the newest episode of the Better Together podcast, I talk about the following four bridges that build connection with our teen and adult daughters:
1. Kind Words - How do you speak to your daughter? What we say is most often a reflection of our heart, not our daughter's actions. Our kind words can actually heal the emotional and physical pain that our daughters experience in life.
2. Discover Her Love Language - Do you know your daughter's love language? Both of you can take the free test at the fivelovelanguages.com. When you invest 10-15 minutes per day in "speaking" her love language, you build resiliency into her life and she'll have the reserve to dig deep and tackle the problems that she's facing.
3. Ask Before You Accuse - How many of us jump to conclusions when a negative situation happens? We can build a connection instead of creating conflict when we calmly and kindly ask, "Can you tell me what happened?" and listen to what she has to say.
4. "Open the Door" - Getting our daughter to talk can be tricky because she has a lot on her mind. I share a tip to open up communication with your daughter. Listen to the podcast to find out more!
The Parenting Teens Summit
An online experience designed to help you thrive as a parent of a teenager. Over 40 different Christian authors and thoughts leaders are ready to share their unique insight with you. Featured speakers include Dr. James Dobson, Dr. Juli Slattery, Dr. Paul David Tripp, Craig Gross, Kimm Carr, Craig Groeschel, and Dr. Kathy Koch, among others.
Parenting Teen Summit starts September 11-27! Click here to find out more and register!
Mom, is your young daughter comparing herself to her friends? Has she made comments about how she looks or shows signs of low self-esteem? Download a free copy of my ebook, 10 Beauty Essentials to Teach Your Daughter. Reach her now with God's beautiful truth so that she can learn how to push back against our culture's impossible beauty standards. It's not too early to help your daughter avoid an ugly struggle with beauty. Click here to download.